THANKS TO ALL WHO ATTENDED NORTHSIDE POOL’S 6TH ANNUAL “DOG SWIM” ON SEPTEMBER 12, 2015 … $310.00 WAS RAISED (DESPITE THE WEATHER) AT THIS YEAR’S EVENT! A GENEROUS DONATION OF FOOD/SUPPLIES WAS ALSO DONATED TO THE ANTIETAM HUMANE SOCIETY.
Waynesboro’s Dog Park is located on North Potomac Street, behind the Northside Pool.
SPECIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR THE OFF-LEASH DOG PARK AREA AT NORTHSIDE PARK
IN ADDITION TO, AND AMENDING, THE EXISTING RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR USE OF RECREATION AND PARK AREAS OF THE BOROUGH OF WAYNESBORO (PA), PURSUANT TO ORDINANCE NO. 727 AS AMENDED BY ORDINANCE NO. 745
DOG PARK AREA OPEN SUNRISE TO SUNSET, UNLESS POSTED AS CLOSED BY THE BOROUGH.
- No attendant is on duty. Dog owners are legally and financially responsible for their dog’s behavior. Use of this park is at your own risk. The Borough of Waynesboro is NOT liable for any injuries to dogs, their owners/handlers, or others who may use the park.
- Park is for dog use only. Dogs must be registered with the Borough prior to use of the Park. Registration forms may be completed at Borough Hall, 55 E. Main Street, Waynesboro, PA, Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Forms are also available online at www.waynesboropa.org under Dog Park. All dogs must be licensed and vaccinated against rabies, and be wearing these visible identification tags. Vaccinations against distemper and influenza are recommended.
- Access to the Northside Off-Leash Dog Park area is via the parking area off of North Potomac Street Extended near its intersection with North Garfield Street Extended. Item 13 of RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR USE OF RECREATION AND PARK AREAS for the Borough of Waynesboro continues to prohibit all persons from entering Northside Park with any animal [dog(s)] at any other location.
- Keep your dog(s) on-leash when entering and exiting the park, and have your leash(es) with you at all times. Unleash and leash your dog(s) in the entry area.
- Children under 12 must be closely supervised at all times by an adult [age 18 and over]. It is strongly urged that young children not be brought to the dog park for their own safety.
- Limit of 2 dogs and 2 children (under 12 years of age) per person in off-leash area.
- NO AGGRESSIVE DOGS.
- All dogs must be SPAYED or NEUTERED.
- No puppies under FOUR (4) months of age.
- Pronged or spike collars are NOT allowed in the dog park area.
- Dogs over thirty (30) pounds are not permitted in the SMALL dog area. No dog less than thirty (30) pounds is allowed in the LARGE dog area.
- NEVER leave your dog(s) unattended.
- Discourage digging. Owners must fill in any holes their dog digs.
- NO food (human or dog) or tobacco products. Small training treats are allowed. NO dog toys, i.e., balls, Frisbees, etc. NO glass containers.
- ALWAYS clean up dog waste immediately and properly dispose of the waste outside of the park. Do not deposit in containers in the park.
- Professional trainers may NOT use this park to conduct their business.
- First-time park users should consider visiting during non-peak times. Observe your dog’s body language. They will let you know if they are nervous. Take it slow — remember this is for your dog’s enjoyment. Always leave the park when your dog is having a good time. This will make it more likely that they will want to do it again.
Failure to adhere to these rules may result in the revocation of privileges. Violators may also be subject to the penalty provisions of Ordinance No. 745.
PLEASE BE A COURTEOUS AND RESPONSIBLE DOG PARK USER.